Friday, July 29, 2011

The Reveal

So this post is going to be about...well something I don't normally like to talk about.
Gymnastics.
(warning, I'm gonna complain...)


Back in early April I quit. I was in level 5, training with the level 6 girls for 16 hours a week. O.O
I guess my reasons for quitting weren't good enough for my parents at first, (I'd wanted to quit ever since I started level 4) they finally let me leave though.
So basically, after I quit, I swore I'd never ever go back. I never really missed it (well, there were a few times when I thought: "gosh, I wish I could still do that stuff...I kinda want to go back, but then again, not really")
Sometimes I still think, well if I went back, I could do all those awesome tricks again. But seriously, once I think about it, I'd totally regret going back.

Okay, so now I guess I'm gonna have to tell you why I quit.
The first thing was all the training. 16 hours a week totally killed me. Literally. I mean, after gym, I'd always come home and totally pass out. The only days I got off were Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Even on the off days I'd be pooped out. Also, four days a week was, well, taking up a LOT of my time. I couldn't do school easily, and I had just enough time to do stuff at theater.
The next thing was: I have a problem with getting enough water. I used to get really sick and stuff like that. Every practice I'd have to put special vitamin stuff into my water. (it didn't taste that good, but I got used to it) It all started in level 3 when we were training during the summer. We were on Vault. I was waiting my turn and everything right? Well all of a sudden, my vision went blurry. And stupid me, I thought I was going blind, so I completely flipped out. My coach asked me what was wrong, and I told her that I wasn't able to see very well, and I had a headache. So she told me to get water. I did, but I didn't feel much better. So I ended up calling my mom and she had to take me home. All the way home, my mom had me drink water. I just felt worse. Like there was too much liquid or something. I must admit, I thought I was going to die.
Well anyway, as soon as we pulled into the driveway, I...um...well...threw up. That night I learned that I had been dehydrated. The same thing happened the next day at gym. (BLEH!) After that, I never got sick again, well, that is, until level 4 summer training . It happened all over again. (DOUBLE BLEH!) My coach was always checking up on me, always making sure I had gotten enough water. Pretty soon, I had to start putting special mineral powder into my water. Like, every practice. The package said it was lemon lime flavored, but you know how things like that always turn out tasting like metal? Uh-blah! Eventually I got used to it...
So yeah, by the time level 5 rolled around, I was pretty used to getting headaches and whatnot, but still, that doesn't mean I was enjoying it.

Another reason I quit was because of some of the kids there. Well, one or two kids in particular. No I'm not mentioning names, (its the internet, who knows who could find this...)
So there's this one girl, I really can't help it, but I "strongly disliked" her. She was rude, and she always bullied people. She would make fun of the food we brought for snack. (we were health nuts!) It's like: hey um, just cause we don't eat fake cheese or sugary foods(we ate a little, it just wasn't brownies with a ton of M+Ms on it...) it doesn't mean we're weird...
Gosh.

If you've read this far, I love you. Thanks for reading my list of complaints...

Yeah so, basically the purpose of this post was to ask my readers' opinion. Should I go back to gymnastics or not? There is a new Prep-op team starting this fall and it's much easier than what I've been doing. Thing is, I hear "that girl" might do it. I don't want to make my life worse and get bullied again, and I don't want all my time taken up again. This sport isn't really something I want to do, but for some reason, I feel like I should go back. My coaches want me to come back (well that's what my dad said...)  and I would love to have my own routine and get back into flipping... but I don't know. I'm at war with myself!
If I go back, I might not be able to do theater, (there's NO way I'm giving that up) and If I go back, I might not be able to jumble school, practicing piano 2 hours a day, or having any free time.
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE? AH!

oh, and again, thanks for reading this... I'm such a whiner...ugh

4 comments:

Mikailah said...

I wish I could tell you! :( I don't know... that is hard. You want to do something you love, but you don't want to be getting sick all the time. Hmm... Maybe you could take private lessons???

Hope I helped..

Sophia said...

I think you shouldn't go back because the bad outweighs the good.

Sam said...

I agree with Sophia, even though you loved gymnastics itself, you didn't love all of the stress, mean people, busyness, and feeling miserable that came with it though.

Miss ALK said...

I'm going through a similar descision with if I should play volleyball this year. I wasn't dehydrated... but other things were happening :/ I say if it made you that upset then don't do it! You seem to really enjoy theater, and that makes you happy :) So stick with things that make you smile!!! :)


Blessings

xoxo Miss ALK